Friday 30 January 2009

Day 3

Don't worry, I'm not going to give a running commentary on which packs I eat each day(!), but I thought I'd give a wee update, as I'm sure some of you are wondering how I'm getting on on the programme.

On Day One I was ravenously hungry by about 10 am! And then very very hungry around 6 pm - I had to go to the doctor's so I couldn't get home from work to eat until around 6.30 pm. I felt pretty wiped out too at that time on that day.

On Day Two the hunger was a bit less but I felt rubbish again later in the afternoon.

Today, Day Three, the hunger is still there (I'm hungry now!) but quite a bit less and again I began to feel worse towards the end of the afternoon - but much less so than yesterday.

The feeling worse towards the end of the afternoon isn't necessarily caused by the lack of food and could easily be just an ME symptom - with me it's always hard to tell!

I guess I just have the right mindset about this at the moment, because I don't find it difficult to be around food and have even prepared lunch more than once at work. However I was very jealous of my workmates when the Isle of Skye Bakery van came round this afternoon with a huge selection of really gorgeous and unusual breads and cakes! As compensation, I bought a brie and spinach loaf for my daughter! I just keep telling myself it'll be worth it. And it will.

I've liked all the packs I've tried so far. Some have smelled pretty awful while still in powder form but have tasted surprisingly ok. I know they're not real food so I don't expect them to taste that good, perhaps that's why I've liked them all. My poor friend can't abide any of the soups at all and is only eating shakes at the moment. The shakes are very nice though! Another friend warned about the tomato soup, but I'm afraid I quite liked it! I guess I'm blessed that I don't hate anything - I even liked the banana shake!

Another unexpected change is that I've been getting much colder than usual, especially in the evenings. I once went on a diet that eliminated the main allergens and it was really noticeable then that I felt cooler. It doesn't take much to get me hot with all this weight to insulate me, so the idea of being cooler is a welcome change.

It has to be said that I've had an exceptionally busy week, my head is full of all sorts (LL, work, the library, Gaelic) and I have a long quiet weekend ahead of me. I already have the weekend munchies and am keeping it at bay with black Earl Grey and the thought of my hot chocolate shake later this evening!

So far, so good, for sure. It's not been a struggle, just a test in perseverence! (Is that a contradiction in terms? I don't think so...) And this is only Day Three. I'm looking forward to being fully in ketosis so that my hunger is more suppressed.

Oh and tomorrow we're allowed to start eating the bars too (only one a day). I'm looking forward to those!

One last thing - PLEASE SPONSOR ME!

No comments: