Saturday 20 June 2009

Phew!

My weight loss was 3 1/2 lbs this week, thankfully! Sometimes I do wonder about the difference between my scales and theirs and the fact that I weigh myself first thing in the morning, with no clothes, while we get weighed at LL in the mid-afternoon, fully clothed. Anyway, it's Mary's scales I'm going by so... I was very relieved to see some weight coming off. I had got completely mixed up though, and thought I was already only 1lb short of 6 stone off last week (the time before that loss of 7.5 over 2 weeks, I thought it was 5 st 5 lbs, but it was actually 5 st 3lbs). But this new weight loss makes it bang on 6 stones gone. It really is fantastic. Quite amazing, really, to be 6 stones lighter... Did I really believe, when I started this in January, that I'd be 6 stone lighter by the end of June? I don't think so!
The cravings haven't stopped though, and that weight loss was in spite of two afternoons of snacking on biscuits, of all things, over the past week! Since then I've had one day where I just gave up on resisting the cravings, ate a fraction of what I would have eaten in the past, thoroughly enjoyed it and am feeling well committed to the programme again. Perhaps that's what I needed... I don't know. Certainly there doesn't seem to be much reasoning with me (by myself, that is!) when I'm in the middle of feeling desperate to eat something... *sigh*
I think part of the battle is that I don't feel too bad as I am now at this present weight, but, with this current renewed commitment (which I hope will last!), I know I really do want to get the rest of the weight off. I'm discovering changes in my shape that are very encouraging. I even managed to pull in my abdomen so it looked vertical today!! ;-) I still have my old shape and I guess that'll never change, it's how I'm made after all - classic pear shape. It makes clothes-fitting a bit difficult though, especially for longer tops, jackets and coats, being one or two sizes bigger on the bottom than on the top. I only know that the smaller I get, the less of a difference between the two there will be. This unflattering (and blurry) photo shows precisely what I mean!
Onward and upward!
To redress the balance, here's a nicer photo of me, along with my friend Fiona at the UK Ravelry Day on 6 June, staffing the stall for our project, Stitches on the Bridge. (There's a photo of a fatter me holding one end of the Caledonia scarf on the wall behind!)
Oh and there's a reduction in measurements too, to be reported. To date, I've lost 6 1/2 inches on my bust, 10 inches on my waist and 11 inches on my hips! That's something to smile about!

No comments: