Friday 11 September 2009

Big changes coming up...

Blimey, it's ages since I posted here. Sorry if some of you are trying to keep up-to-date with me and I've not been around. I've been waiting for blood test results before my doctor would agree to me...
MOVING ON TO THE CAMBRIDGE DIET!!!
I've realised (as I said before) that the increased carb content of Diet Chef is not helping me keep to it and I've been struggling greatly for the past few weeks = cheating like mad, to be honest! While I really have enjoyed the DC meals - some of them are really delicious - I've decided I'd rather lose that further 4 stone and struggle with my weight at 11 stone rather than 15. I know that a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) works for me, not least because of being in ketosis and your appetite being suppressed. The hunger I feel at the moment really does have a more insistent, compelling quality than the hunger on LL.
My doctor has agreed (with reservations) for me to go on the Cambridge Diet, which is basically LL without all the group counselling. From my point of view, it's a lot cheaper - only £47.50 per week - and I don't have to go through to the Inverness area every week, which instantly saves me £20. I will have to pay for postage of the packs but I think I can cover that, especially if I can order the packs every fortnight (when my benefit arrives).
It'll be up to me to monitor it and make sure it's not making me any more fatigued than I am now, with this recent downturn / increase in ME symptoms. If it is, then I will have to come off it, and possibly stop dieting altogether...
In the meantime, I stupidly forgot to take the forms with me when I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, so am having to wait for the doctor to sign them, possibly until Monday, before I can start on the Cambridge Diet. I'm excited about it, looking forward to losing weight more easily than I am now. Once I'm down to my target, then I can struggle with working out what's the best thing for me to be eating long term (which I think I know is low carb...)
My weight is roughly what it was on the last post, perhaps with a pound or two more, due to how I've been eating. But I'm not too bothered about it at the moment as it'll quickly come off with CD. :-)
So - watch this space!

No comments: