Thursday 16 July 2009

A decision has been made

Next week I will start on Road to Management. I've decided to do this so that I don't get to a point where I completely run out of money and can't afford to take part in Lighter Life anymore and am left struggling with the transition from food packs to real food.

RtM is a graded programme of reintroducing real food. Next week I will be introducing protein and having only 3 packs a day (instead of the current 4). Food groups are reintroduced gradually over 12 weeks, with the idea of recognising what are the trigger foods which make you want to overeat. I feel this is a really important part of the programme and I really want to do this part thoroughly.

Once I'm through the 12 weeks, I can continue on a few packs a day if I want to and I reckon that's what I'll do, as long as I feel it's effective and that the trips through to the Black Isle are not costing me too much. I'm very nearly at the end of my gifted funds, so will be having to meet the cost of this myself within a few weeks. I hope I can manage it ok. Including the cost of the petrol to drive to the Black Isle, the packs work out at around £3.07 each so, as long as I can buy food for meals for less than that(!), I'll be saving money... Hope I can manage it. If not, then I'll just have to give up on LL and move over to another weight loss programme, or continue on my own.

Mixed feelings. Very mixed feelings. Hoping beyond hope that this won't jeopardise my whole weight loss. And also looking forward to having real food again - legitimately! - and to working on the issues around trigger foods and overeating in general. It's a minefield... Given that I've been struggling to keep to the food packs only for the past 12 weeks or so, perhaps this is the best idea and I'll find it all a bit easier if I'm actually allowed some real food. Strong cheddar has been my downfall recently - surprising, really, as I have a very sweet tooth.

On the plus side, I've lost 3lbs this week, which is very encouraging as I still had several days when I struggled not to eat real food... Phew! I just hope the weight loss continues. It might slow right down for a while and then hopefully pick up again if I return to a few packs a day in the longer term. I do still have 4 - 4.5 stone to lose... and £2000 to raise!

No comments: