Saturday 8 August 2009

I was going to moan...

...about DC's Beef in Black Velvet Porter (how I'd love a pint of that!) having only half a dozen pieces of beef in it and padded out with potatoes BUT it tasted sooo good - really delicious, not too rich but so full of flavour - and I am so FULL after it, that I really cannot complain after all.

This has been my food intake today (very slim daughter Laurie said, when she saw what I had to eat in a day, that she wouldn't be able to last on it, but I'm used to eating little and being pretty hungry!):

Very small portion of Lizi's Belgium Chocolate Granola and milk.
One apple.
Diet Chef's Roast Pepper and Goat's Cheese soup (yummy but a bit black peppery).
One (large) orange.
One Naked Wildly Different Choco Loco fruit/oat/nuts bar (very tasty and surprisingly filling. I was concerned that the bar wouldn't be filling enough to keep for supper, so decided to eat it with a cuppa in the late afternoon and leave dinner til 8 pm ish. But I was wrong!)
Diet Chef's Beef in Black Velvet Porter.

And I'm FULL!!! I gave it a couple of hours after the fruit bar before I ate dinner, but think I'll need to leave longer, next time. In fact, I've just had a very bright idea. If the bars are filling and the Granola isn't, perhaps I should have the bars for breakfast and keep the Granola for a light supper. Of course, not all my snacks are bars, so some days I'll need to have Granola or porridge for breakie, but on all the other days, this looks like a good solution. I miss cereal in the evenings, when I used to sometimes have it for a snack, so this could work...

No comments: