Monday 17 August 2009

No leeway with the DC way

I've put on 2 lbs and I'm not happy about it! It's entirely my own fault, of course. I've been eating outside my food plan (cheating!), so this is a lesson that I can't afford to eat outside my food plan (cheat!) while I'm using Diet Chef. LL obviously gave a bit of leeway but DC doesn't. No leeway with the DC way!
I know that carbs are the culprit. Not only do they hold onto water but they make me more hungry in the long run. Having a wee treat like scones, jam and cream yesterday instead of lunch doesn't work for me, even though the calories may be more or less comparable, because of the physiological effect of high GI carbs. They make me hungry and/or exacerbate cravings. I (chose to) binge/d last night as a result.
So... the answer is no cheating carbs from now on. Here's hoping I can stick to it. Unfortunately most of the breakfasts and the snacks are high carb - Granola, flavoured porridge with sugar, Nairns oat biscuits or cheese crunchies, fruit bars. So next month I'm going to order only plain porridge and fruit bars. The others are just too tempting for this poor weak-willed, sweet-toothed person (the fruit bars aren't sugary sweet enough to be much of a temptation).
I am scunnered about gaining weight but also philisophical and aware that this whole process is a learning experience and preparing me for the big wide world of "normal" eating. But there is just no way I'm going to allow myself to gain weight in the long term so - watch this space!

No comments: